In today’s environment of aesthetic concerns, everything must appear beautiful; even though there can be hidden dangers. Well hidden. It may take many more years before we truly understand the harmful effects of pesticides in our lives. However, here at Arbor Culture with over 20 years experience, when it comes to pesticides – we have opted for a different path.
Arbor Culture is an organic land care provider accredited by NOFA (Northeast Organic Farmers Association). The NOFA organization’s standards are used across the United States as a model for sustainable landscaping practices and have earned international recognition with their acceptance to the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movement (IFOAM). The mission of NOFA, and Arbor Culture, is to extend the principles of organic agriculture to the landscapes where people and pets spend their daily lives.
Our goals are to:
- Rebuild soil health and biology
- Eliminate the use of synthetic pesticides and synthetic fertilizers
- Increase landscape diversity
- Reduce the potential for nitrogen and phosphorus pollution
- Implement proven cultural practices to promote healthy plants & reduce irrigation and other inputs
Our services include:
- Organic compost tea – beneficial bacteria and fungi
- Organic fertilizers
- 100% Natural fungicide – preventive and curative
- 100% Natural pesticide – re-entry time is reduced to minutes instead of hours
- Organic plant treatment –
- Enhances protection from pathogens
- Improves drought stress tolerance
- Improves uptake of nutrients
- Botanical extracts and oils – provides rapid pest reduction and residual protection from pests
- For weed control, we use a product called “Fiesta” which is a mineral-based bio-herbicide. The best practice to keep weeds out of your lawn is by having thick, tall turf. This is attained by being more active with seeding and aeration.
All natural products used are USDA National Organic Program compliant. These products are exempt from registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
These past few years have been challenging for us all; and here at Arbor Culture we have embraced the challenge of providing a valuable service to our clients. Even before the recent New Jersey government implemented the most restrictive standards on fertilizer use in the nation, we were a green service provider. Our well balanced soil fertility program increases humus content, organic matter and beneficial organisms. It recycles nutrients and improves water retention. It also builds deeper roots, balances minerals, buffers pH, aerates the soil, and decreases thatch. Admittedly, there is no magic solution. However, we are providing a service unlike any other. We truly appreciate your interest in our company and we look forward to keeping your property a green one.